In this video molly1216 explains her method of repairing a hardcover book hinge. She mentions that this method should be used for inexpensive books that are not worth being sent to professionals.
The materials she uses are a piece of cloth (the bandage), scissors, glue and a sheet of plastic used to protect the book from excess glue.
The bandage is cut to the right size in width. It is then glued in 2 steps:
First, it is glued to the text block, with the protective sheet on the book cover. After the glue is dried, the bandage is trimmed to the right size and the remaining half of the fold is glued to the book cover, with the protective sheet on the first page of the book. More glue is added if the cloth did not adhere properly to the book cover.
The book is now repaired, and the bandage should not be visible any more.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades